5.02.2007

Life is too busy...

I've been lax about posting here lately, largely because I've been running my head off all over the place for the last week or two. I was in Vancouver over the weekend attending the WCNPA conference there, then up in Kelowna visiting an old friend for an evening, then back in Victoria and straight into a couple of days of work at the Metro... Throw in trip planning, an insane 23-hour day at the beginning of last week, a smattering of shoots for corporate clients, and trying to cram in errands / visits with friends while I was in Van. and you've got a pretty busy week all in all.

In the Good News category, I now have my Chinese visa in my Canadian passport, and my Russian visa in my British passport. Still waiting on the Mongolian one; it will get sent in to the embassy on May 15th, and I should hear back from them by the 23rd or so. If I *DON'T* get a visa I've decided to just drop it and head straight to China from Russia... I'm keeping my fingers crossed though...

There's been so much other ... well... stuff... going on these last few weeks that I'm not even going to try and cram it all in. None of it is particularly significant but it's totally drained me. One addition to my arsenal of gadgets that *IS* worth noting is my brand spankin' new GlobalSat USB GPS receiver. Each blog post I make from now on will include my position, down to around 50ft accuracy or so, so those of you who *ARE* interested can keep track of where I am. I'm looking for a software solution that will let me provide a link to a satellite view / map of where I am. I haven't found a simple / clean solution for that yet, so for now, you're stuck with just the numbers :)

====
Nic's Current Location:
Union Pacific Coffee Company, Victoria, B.C.
48º25.81'N 123º22.08'W