3.19.2007

New toys...

This is probably ultra-old news to everyone in the world, and their dog, but I've been dabbling with Comic Life. It's this kinda-cheesy, kinda-lame, but kinda-cool 'ware that, apparently, came bundled with my intel iMac... I just never noticed it until now.
Anyway, the basic idea is that it takes a photo and mucks with it a bit, and gives it a bit of a comic-book feel. It's very, VERY consumer-grade, and doesn't have a whole pile of features or anything, but it's kinda fun, and it's a whole pile faster than trying to do the same thing in Photoshop. (Me being an editorial shooter, I really don't *DO* much "creative" work in PS... at least not to this extent, so it would probably take me ages to figure out how to do it anyway.)

It's not super-sexy or anything of the sort, but it's amusing me for the afternoon.

(This photo, for the record, is a self-portrait I shot on a zodiac in the middle of the Saanich Inlet on my way back from covering the SAREX exercise for the TC a few months ago.)