4.10.2007

Visas are a pain...

So, already I've hit a snag with visa applications. The fine folks in Cambodia and Vietnam won't allow you to apply for a tourist visa more than three months in advance of your trip. This means that to get a visa to enter Vietnam in September (the current plan) I would have to send in my visa application some time in late June.

If things go according to plan, I'll be in Russia in June.

This could be a problem.

While the fine folks at VisaConnection were wonderful helping me out of the weekend, I have to admit to being a little bit non-plussed that they "forgot" (their word, not mine) to mention this minor detail to me while I was filling out paperwork in their offices. I got a phone call around noon today explaining things instead.

SO... The current plan is to try and apply for my Vietnamese and Cambodian visas while I'm in China, and, failing that, head straight to Thailand after China and apply for them there. I've been told the Cambodian and Vietnamese Thai embassies will not have a problem doing this, but no one seems to be really sure if you can get away with doing it in China...

*grins* ... It's a bit frustrating, but those of you out there who know me know that I love it when things get interesting :)