7.19.2007

Another day, another hurried blog post from a Russian train station...

... That may not be QUITE how the old saying goes, but it's certainly a decent approximation of my life these days...

St. Petersburg itself was absolutely amazing, and I really do reccomend anyone and everyone who has the opportunity to visit to do so. The city is the cleanest European city I've stepped foot in in my life, the people are amazingly friendly and warm, accomodation and food are both cheap (compared to Moscow at least.) and the scenery is amazing. The Hermitage alone needs a week, at least, to go through. I'm sad to be leaving so soon, and really do think I'll try and spend the better part of a month in St. P. the next time I'm in this neck of the woods...

I'm back in Moscow right now after 3 days and two night in St. Petersburg, and am currently waiting for train 006 to take me from Moscow to Irkutsk. The trip is about 4500 km and will take 3 days and 4 nights. If all goes according to plan I'll leave Moscow at 9:35PM tonight and will step off the train at 5:13 AM local-time in Irkutsk on July 23... What I'm going to DO in Irkutsk at 5AM remains to be seen, as I doubt I'll be able to show up at my hostel until 9 or 10AM at least... I'm sure I'll find something to entertain myself with...

That's it for now. I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to find wifi in Irkutsk (hopefully at my hostel) so I can throw a few pictures up.