7.10.2007

A McDonalds Cheeseburger in Red Square...

Dear Diary,

Today I ate a McDonalds cheeseburger in front of Lenin's tomb...

...

If I kept a diary, I think that would likely be one of the more bizarre entries for the week... This statement does, of course, mean that I've arrived mostly-safely in Moscow, and (after being evicted from one set of accomodations at 6PM on my first day here... It's a long story...) am now happily residing at a place called the Hotel Altai. I haven't had a chance to grab GPS coordinates yet, but I'll try and have them by the next time I post. Pictures are also in the works, though I can't find any wireless internet access in Moscow, and thus can't upload pictures as easily as I'd like... They're coming, I promise. This post, for the same reason, will have to be brief. Suffice it to say that I've arrived, have stood in Red Square (McDonalds cheeseburger in hand, no less) and am already happily darting around the town on the Moscow metro. My tickets to both St. Petersburg and Irkutsk (Eastern Siberia) are booked, and I'll be heading out of Moscow in 5 days or so.