7.02.2007

Got Milk?

My most sincere apologies to those of you who have complained about my somewhat infrequent blog posts over the last week. Things have been at once remarkably busy, and remarkably quiet. I've spent another two days inside the exclusion zone, one of which was spent entirely in Pripyat. I've had a few "down" days, getting a bit of rest, and had a few more days of driving around and talking to people. I've also tracked down a few people in Moscow that I've been trying to find for a long time, and have booked my train tickets into Russia (I leave Ukraine July 7 and arrive in Russia on July 8).

Most of today's work revolved around talking with an old couple living in a small town near Ivankiv. They've been pretty heavily photographed by other shooters over the years, but they were neat to go and talk to, and were wonderfully friendly. Vladimir and I arrived just in time to meet their cow as she returned from pasture and got milked.

(Below: Got Milk? An old couple's cow stops to say hi on her way back to the barn.)


(Below: Some more time in Pripyat let me check out School #2. I seem to recall that MY high-school classrooms felt a lot like this when I was a student.)


====
Nic's Current Location:
Yaroslavna Hotel, Vasilkiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
+50° 10' 43.11", +30° 18' 49.24"